- Full kitchen facilities: Our comfortable, spacious and convenient air-conditioned apartments & townhouses all have fully equipped kitchen facilities including oven and stove top, fridge, freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle and an assortment of pots, pans crockery and cutlery.
- Full laundry facilities: Each apartment and townhouse has its own washing machine and clothes dryer. There are clothes horses and pegs in each and washing lines are conveniently located throughout the grounds.
- On site car parking: Each apartment and townhouse has its own privately numbered under cover car port situated right next to or in front of your unit for easy access.
- On site trailer parking: There is limited space available on site and off the street to safely park your trailer with ample room to manoeuvre for boat and camper trailers.
- Private patio or balcony: Ground floor apartments have a patio and upper floor apartments have a balcony. Townhouses have a patio at the front and back and a balcony off the rear bedroom.
- Wireless broadband Internet: Free wireless hotspots are located throughout the complex. Simply select your WiFi enabled device to the strongest signal from the access points named Mango Tree Guest. You will be given the password at check in.
- Reception and Tour Desk: Our office is usually open from 8:00am till 6:00pm seven days a week and often before and after these times too. We have a full tourist information desk right here where we can arrange and book tours. We offer advice and have special discounts for many tours and attractions. Be sure to check with us before you go anywhere as we have many special deals we can share with you to make the most of your holiday dollar.
- Swimming pool and spa: Relax and take a cool dip in our free form saltwater pool with spa. The pool area also has a toilet block with cold water shower.
- Private tennis court: At The Mango Tree we have our very own fully fenced and full sized private tennis court. You may reserve a time to play or just play whenever available. There is no charge to guests for use of the tennis court and we have racquets and balls available for hire.
- BBQ pavilion and entertainment area: Adjacent to the swimming pool is a four burner gas fired barbeque which is free of charge. There is also a fridge to keep your drinks cool and everything you need is provided. Tables and chairs are situated between the barbeque and the pool and this is a popular location for friends and families to get together any time of the day for a cold drink and a gathering around the great outdoor Aussie BBQ.
- Baby sitting and kindergarten: Services are available from a range of qualified service providers. We can arrange for a baby sitter to visit your apartment or for your child to visit the kindergarten for the day. Ask for further details at reception.
- Proximity to marina, shops and restaurants: Far enough away from the noise and bustle of “town” yet close enough for easy access. Take a leisurely 15 minute stroll along shaded walkways or hop on the local shuttle bus.
- Transport options: Port Douglas has a commercial shuttle service that transports people in and out of Macrossan Street and the Marina and out of town as far as the Wildlife Habitat. There is a bus stop right outside our entrance for your convenience. There is no public bus services in or out of Port Douglas but day trips to Cairns and all the local attractions can be arranged that will pick you up from The Mango Tree and deliver you safely back at the end of the day. Ask at our tour desk for details.
- Airport and Port Douglas accommodation transfers: We can arrange airport transfers for every flight arriving and departing form Cairns airport or for accommodation transfers from Cairns and Cape Tribulation.
- Beach access: From the Mango Tree it’s an easy 5 minute walk to Four Mile Beach. Just cross over the road and take the meandering path through the nature reserve until you emerge from under the towering coconut palms – and be ready for an amazing experience! The endless expanse of sand, the sound of crashing waves rolling in off the ocean and the cool sea breeze are a greeting just as you always imagined a tropical paradise would be.
- The property, set in lush tropical gardens and backing onto a natural backdrop of giant Melaleuca is positioned well back from the road giving peace and privacy whilst attracting native birds & butterflies, and of course there are mango trees everywhere! The gardens are adorned with tropical plants, trees and shrubs such as Hibiscus, Ixora, Orchid and Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise). Lychees, Cashews and Mountain Apple grow amidst the multitudes of palm species, Bromeliads and ferns.
At The Mango Tree holiday Apartments Port Douglas accommodation
The amenities we provide for you are are intended to make your Port Douglas holiday at The Mango Tree a relaxing and enjoyable experience.